AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: Ben2009

These types of posts may be deleted from now on...

关闭 [复制链接]
发表于 2013-6-11 14:40:47 | 显示全部楼层
Normally I distinquish myself from those who just want points added by thank youing the writer for the review and an additional line of comment. Even though I may not be interested or the review is not written that fascinating. Itss a token of thank youing for their efforts. my 2 cents
And when I see something like have you try???  I would just ignore it, I think we all should have the judgement of what to and not to read
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-6-11 14:46:56 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you for your input guys. You guys are right. I guess it is too much micro-management.

At the same time, i guess its my fault for not articulating clearly enough. For example, I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to say thanks. I'm saying some people who post nothing but "thanks for xxx". Basically, i'm trying to reduce spam.

I guess the approach should be to only take action when its excessive?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-6-11 16:22:20 | 显示全部楼层
sometimes people post really stupid stuff that should be removed. but no need for too many rules, that just makes things confusing. just delete the really stupid comments or questions
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-6-11 17:15:38 | 显示全部楼层
Like anything in life use common sense  and judgement Ben ?     It's a balancing act and its ok to make mistakes.  Just remember to owe up them when it happens?     It's easier to start off strict and relax the rules.   Learned this at primary school when I took advantage of teachers who were too nice in beginning?     
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2013-6-11 17:19:55 | 显示全部楼层
7samurai 发表于 2013-6-11 17:15
Like anything in life use common sense  and judgement Ben ?     It's a balancing act and its ok to m ...

Dirty thoughts came to mind when u mentioned school teachers.

Seriously though, you are right. I do go overboard sometimes. Thanks for the advice.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-6-11 17:32:11 | 显示全部楼层
Ben2009 发表于 2013-6-11 17:19
Dirty thoughts came to mind when u mentioned school teachers.

Seriously though, you are right. ...

Anyone who puts themselves in your shoes as well as advertisers will understand the need for balance and diligence on culling non value add posts and posts that are disguised as friendly banter to push post visibility to the top.   If you are too harsh it kills fun and friendly atmosphere.   But if you are  too lenient on fanboys or vip promoters it causes unfairness to other advertisers?    You got a tough job bro.  But I don't for a minute cry for you cause your close to the top of the food chain?  
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-6-11 20:11:16 | 显示全部楼层
micro soft is one of the richest man in the world. do you believe it? is this relevant to this forum? it all depends on the perspective from which you view it. from my point of view, it is a joke when you refer someone to Microsoft. I guess 747 gets out of database space quite often. If that is the case, isn't it a nice indicator of a good forum that Ben gor manages?! We should all happy. If there have a billion or two members just say thanks, it will be the second Facebook, and second to none in the business.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-6-11 20:13:00 | 显示全部楼层
PrinceE 发表于 2013-6-11 20:11
micro soft is one of the richest man in the world. do you believe it? is this relevant to this forum ...

You can sell it for billions dollars
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-6-11 20:29:59 | 显示全部楼层
We are all busy people though we all like this forum. When we have time, we contribute more. But most of the time, we just have a couple of minutes free time, still want to check out what is going on in the forum, or might try to find out good MM from other contributors. You give THANKS to the contributes is a good attitude needed to be encouraged.
On another hand, not everyone is good at writing. In a couple of occasions, I had had very good sessions, but I am not sure if I can write a fair review for the MM if I wrote one. So I added a point or to the good review about the same MM written by other contributor(s). Unfortunately, sometimes, I just thank the contributor if they have a review that I agree upon.
Nevertheless, I will practice my writing more often, so I can write more meaningful contribution on this forum. Meanwhile, I would view more and appreciate contributors more if I am still allowed to do so.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-6-12 05:42:12 | 显示全部楼层
At least it's not like at Terb where the same sp advertisers are allowed to bump their threads with their thank you after their client review.    This is after they tell their clients to review them  and know their handle?  Big surprise?  .   
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-28 05:50 , Processed in 0.036959 second(s), 11 queries .