AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 4153|回复: 12

Microsoft Might Discontinue Xbox Live Gold In Game Pass Service?

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-4-4 13:47:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Subscription services are an important aspect for the game industry today. With surprising speed, Xbox Game Pass continues to grow with such a strength that made Sony want to follow in its footsteps with the upcoming PlayStation Plus.

Among other things, it looks like Xbox Live Gold, the paid subscription required to play paid online multiplayer games on the Xbox console, will soon be permanently merged into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Gold subscriptions are already part of the highest Game Pass tier, but according to journalist Brad Sams, Microsoft is currently considering discontinuing Xbox Live Gold entirely and offering it exclusively through Game Pass Ultimate. This means that if you want to play paid games online, you must subscribe to Game Pass.

This sort of report has disseminated many times over the past few years that Xbox Live Gold will be permanently discontinued, although Microsoft has previously dismissed officially that the company has no plans for such a change.

It was also recently reported that Microsoft is planning to launch a family plan for Xbox Game Pass subscriptions. It should be interesting to see if these rumored changes are merged and introduced together as part of an upcoming restructuring.

In January last year, Microsoft overturned a decision to increase the price of Xbox Live Gold in response to widespread reaction, and also confirmed that the Gold subscription requirement for free-to-play multiplayer games had been removed.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-4-5 21:12:32 | 显示全部楼层
Xbox game pass is actually really good value and the fact that its for games on PC and Xbox makes it a genius move for microsoft.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-7 12:43:51 | 显示全部楼层
I agree, I was surprised how much I used xbox game pass for PC. I use the PC games more than xbox haha
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-7 14:19:12 | 显示全部楼层
I think Xbox pass is good since you can use it for pc… but I would still prefer psn
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-6-29 19:02:29 | 显示全部楼层
Love how xcloud is included with game pass ultimate.  Get to game AAA titles anywhere, game changer
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-6-30 00:41:26 | 显示全部楼层
shagmate 发表于 2022-6-29 17:02
Love how xcloud is included with game pass ultimate.  Get to game AAA titles anywhere, game changer

Google also has similar services. It just never really took off. I think we are not there yet for game streaming.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-6-30 08:22:43 | 显示全部楼层
jasonsu 发表于 2022-6-30 00:41
Google also has similar services. It just never really took off. I think we are not there yet for  ...

I did try Google's Stadia trial, it works well.  But the issue is the lack of games cause you can only pay and play what they have in their library which isn't much.   Where as Microsoft's xcloud has a big library of games and best part it's all included.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-6-30 23:50:46 | 显示全部楼层
shagmate 发表于 2022-6-30 06:22
I did try Google's Stadia trial, it works well.  But the issue is the lack of games cause you can  ...

Yes I agree the game selection could be the biggest factor when choosing such service. Xbox after so many years has a huge selection. They should acquire EA!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-1 00:06:04 | 显示全部楼层
jasonsu 发表于 2022-6-30 23:50
Yes I agree the game selection could be the biggest factor when choosing such service. Xbox after  ...

Man, this one is so tricky.  They already bought Bethesda, which has an impressive catalog btw, if they buy EA it's gonna be a duopoly with Steam.  As a Xbox gamer, love it but for the gaming industry it will suck.  Might be the end for Playstation
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-7-1 01:16:37 | 显示全部楼层
Playstation still have their exclusive titles... although they're deciding to port them to PC for some reason
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-3-29 06:25 , Processed in 0.039715 second(s), 13 queries .