AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
楼主: dragondick

2018 FORMULA 1 CHAMPIONSHIP

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2018-4-15 06:14:25 | 显示全部楼层
Instead of me writing about it, please review this video of "Highlights of 2018 China F-1 GP":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPHsa2NDpE

You will see why I said Vettel was a bad team driver (at the start) and how Max got penalized for his abrasive drive!

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-15 10:51:14 | 显示全部楼层
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcD0mXQWHAw

The above video shows the "skirmish" between Max and Vettel, and as a result, Max was given a 10" penalty.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2018-4-17 02:51:22 | 显示全部楼层
Yet another race decided by the safety car deployment.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-17 04:43:48 | 显示全部楼层
anon1 发表于 2018-4-17 02:51
Yet another race decided by the safety car deployment.

This time only partially, because Red Bulls pitted for fresh tires while others did not.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-23 13:46:23 | 显示全部楼层
Azerbaijan F-1 GP will be held this coming Sunday.

In 2017, while following Hamilton who was the race leader and must follow the official car as a result of an on-track accident, Vettel INTENTIONALLY bumped into Hamilton, not once but twice.

Vettel got off very lightly.  All eyes will be on Vettel this time, if he displays once more of his uncontrollable temperament, I don't think the Stewards can look the other way!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-23 15:08:36 | 显示全部楼层
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6PcX89f0Y

The first part of the video shows how Vettel INTENTIONALLY hit race leader Hamilton twice when he was following an official car!

I watched the race live on that day and my immediate reaction to this kind behaviour was, Vettel should be disqualified for that race + have him suspended for 3 races, for his road rage behaviour.  Vettel was lucky because I was not the Chief Race Steward!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-28 07:00:37 | 显示全部楼层
There will be live telecast of 2018's Ajerbaijan F-1 GP in Toronto at 0800.

Please check your local listing for confirmation.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-28 09:29:00 | 显示全部楼层
Official qualifying of the 2018 Azerbaijan F-1 GP has just finished.  The top 5 are:

Vettel, Hamilton, Bottas, Ricciardo, and Max.

Top 4's times are very close.  So, if Vettel wants to cut off Hamilton at the start, Bottas can easily sneak in to beat him at the first corner.

Kimmi is way back, and won't be able to offer any assistance to Vettel.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-29 13:44:59 | 显示全部楼层
It was an incident-filled yet very entertaining 2018 Azerbaijan F-GP.

Without a doubt, Vettel's Ferarri was faster than the field and pulled away from the start, and was expected to win as there was no challenge to speak of.

MB knew the only chance they had was to put one of the drivers on a no-tire-change strategy which almost paid off until Bottas who performed the task, had a puncture with 3 laps to go.  The tires could last the full race, but he was really unfortunately to have a tire puncture due to the many accidents on track which left one unpicked up debrics for Bottas' tire!

Bottas took over the lead when everyone went into the pit for fresh tires, and Red Bulls' self-incurred accident which knocked both drivers, brought out the official car close to 10 laps.  This played right into the hand of Bottas.  Not only he could conserve his tire, he had the lead as well.

The accident between the two Red Bulls drivers was the fault of Max.  I mentioned that Max's driving was ABRASIVE almost 2 months ago.  In the same race, his team-mate, Ricciardo gave him room on two occasions.  When Ricciardo tried to pass Max, Max blocked Ricciardo once on the right, then blocked on the left to prevent Ricciardo from overtaking.  At that point, Ricciardo cannot stop in time and both card DNF.

Racing rule allows the car in front to block the overtaking car ONCE, but not again before the same corner or on the same straight.  Max clearly violated this rule.

I am sure the Race Stewards will have something to say about the incident.

Anyway, as a result of the incident, the official car came out to slow down the cars and allow marshals to clean up the debrics.

When the race resumed with only 4 laps to go.  Vettel who was second, took a chance to immediately pass Bottas.  There was not enough room, he braked and went into exit lane, and lost 2 places.

Vettel did not need to take this chance as he had fresh tires and Bottas didn't.  Vettel could have easily overtaken Bottas at the subsequent corners.

When Bottas had a puncture, Hamilton took over and won.

It was a dramatic finish!

Vettel should have won but didn't.  
Bottas played the tire game well, almost paid off until the puncture which took him well.  
Hamilton was not fast enough to win, but did.  

Kimi came in 3rd which was less than comforting for the Ferrari bosses.  

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2018-4-29 13:48:11 | 显示全部楼层
https://www.formula1.com/en/vide ... _Bulls_collide.html

The above video shows how Max moved twice to block his team-mate and taking out both cars.

As I said, the Stewards will have something to say about Max's driving.  Max will certainly get an earful from RB bosses for his abrasiveness!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-5-6 21:18 , Processed in 0.035882 second(s), 11 queries .