AZN747

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
查看: 3005|回复: 11

the annoying communication theory and cultural issue

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-2-13 23:37:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Once I read several book regard communication theory, culture and media. The content in those books is very disturbing , even annoying in my opinion. As you know, there are many languages in the world , many kinds of different cultures too. In the same cultural category, there even exists many different sub cultures. For example, you could be a middle class man working in a big bank. You belongs to the big cultural category: middle class men who work in bank. However, not every middle class bank working man is the same. Even two workmates in the same work unit could be radically different either in terms of personality, hobbies, lifestyle, worldview, emotion etc. There are too many different places in the world some of them could be annoying.
The first annoying thing is language. If I live in China, then I would be bombarded with mandarin everyday, little chance for me to learn English or other foreign languages. Sometimes in China , I did not want to speak mandarin with others but want in English for example, it could not always be achieved, the one who you talks with may not know English at all. It SEEMS a strange thing to speak English among mandarin speaking Chinese.

Language is the first thing which annoys me. At times I wanna understand French, I tried my best to understand what those French speaking people are saying, but to no avail. Why? Foreign language is like a circle shape wall, circles a little world from other little worlds. I live in a little world called mandarin world, french people live in a little world too. I want to walk in their world but the invisible wall rejects my entering. I tried and tried finally gave up my try.
However, the invisible wall can be broken by your continous daily effort. Once the wall is broken, you would see a brand new world full of novelty.
Once I was rejected by an invisible wall called English, after my continuous effort, I finally dig a small hole out of the wall , seeing part of the in-wall world . It is beautiful and mind-opening. I finally saw a world i never saw before, I laugh i cry i sigh i silent, like drinking a new flavored wine. Its deepth, broadness and beauty shocked me heart and soul.
Another issue i find annoying is the cultural issue. When i was raised in China, i was educated to work hard, no pain no gain, effort first reward second. While later when i was in US, I was told a different ideology: work smart, enjoy your weekend. Wait wait, hang on. Why the hell Chinese Education told me to work hard at weekend such that when I grow up I can be a rich man?
Those two cultures seem contradicting with each other. I was told work hard and do not enjoy your life until you succeed in your career since I was 3 years old, then Amercians told me work smart and enjoy your weekend?
Do i need to ask meself "am i already a successful man in my career?" before i can relax and enjoy my weekend?
It seems there are two kinds of voices in my mind, it may drive me crazy

Besides, when i was in China, i saw too many women who did not care much about their appearance. I thought women should not be beautiful and never heart about plastic surgery. I though women are just like us men, thinking appearce is unimportant.
Why the hell in Toronto pretty Korean girls told me in their country woman extremely care about their looks,look is very important for a woman, plastic surgery is a common and socially-acceptable matter? Wait wait, hang on a second, if women who do not care much about their look could not be called women in the real sense, then what should i call those girls I saw in China?  Must give me a new name to call them, and a new classification system.  
I do not like differences exisiting in the world. I like the sameness, harmony and agreement.  I hope the differences all turned into sameness one day. That is my dream. martin luther king has a freedom dream, so do I .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-14 01:06:41 | 显示全部楼层
Good analysis.  Will discuss this later.
Two things.
How was the occasion with expensive clothing?
Strange this whole thread had no Chinese English AT ALL.  But in casual
Talk, you would have issue but
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-14 02:30:46 | 显示全部楼层
I like the differences in the world. I like that everyone has their own uniqueness. It allows me to have the desire to try different things in life. The so-called spice of life!

If all girls are the same then all these garages will have to close up shop because no more wolves will go hunting.

Just my opinion here:
From reading this essay: I get a sense that bro W is someone that has a somewhat inhibited (type-B) personality.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-14 03:34:29 | 显示全部楼层
CNN showed MLK speech.

Mankind must end the war.  Or the war will end Mankind.

Replace war with POLLUTION and Deforestation.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-14 03:35:19 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-14 01:06
Two things.

Does the expensive clothing have anything to do with JCCC ????
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-15 22:45:59 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-14 03:35

no, nothing to do with JCCC.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-15 22:54:40 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-14 01:06
Two things.

The occasion as i said is a stupid academic meeting. Not worth me mentioning it here .

Do not like many people gathering in a same place, making me anxious .
I do not like Chinese restaurants here, why? Too many people gather in a same place making noises,
those crazy people .I heard the loud voice,my head suddenly became dizzy.
I would rather prefer eating sandwiches at home to dining in that kind of noisy place.

I was educated to write in academic English all the time since my first year in university .
As a result, i do not know how to write in casual English at all. cannot read newspaper, cannot understand TV and radio. Half blind half dead in this country. Actually blind and dead in US, UK Australia too.

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-15 22:55:43 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-14 03:35

blind and deaf
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-2-16 04:53:20 | 显示全部楼层
I think you are contradicting yourself.
Sameness in your dream.  Other posts you say you can standing landing at the same airport so many times, Beijing or Shanghai.  Got to go from one place to another (ie. Aussie, Calif, Europe etc)
MLK has a freedom dream and may be wet dream (rumored to have recording by FBI) and you only have wet dream, only K ladies I assume).

You need to build a base before venturing into others.  So China education of memorization and hard work is needed before 18, after entering college, may be work smart is better.
But once into graduate school, you found more foreigners especially in STEM course (science, tech, eng, math).
Notice Americans will go out to work during spare time in high school, China no one working, just studying and no part time jobs anyway as they are taken by migrant workers.

Would you want your spouse to dress like a peacock, or someone with natural look to talk to and tell your stress at work etc.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-2-16 13:10:30 | 显示全部楼层
mmpleaser 发表于 2016-2-16 04:53
I think you are contradicting yourself.
Sameness in your dream.  Other posts you say you can standin ...

Yes, when i drunk, My mind is a mess.
You are poignant and savvy noticing that. i never been to Australia, I have been to US Canada Europe, East Asia, Next destination is Kyoto and Seoul. I have been in the West for too many years, now i want to know more about the East.

Yes, i regret going abroad to North America. I blame that on the corrupt and dysfunctional Chinese government, it is them making China a terrible mess. If China is good, clean and nice, i would never consider going abroad to suffering the extreme  loneliness, to have ONLY materialistic life NO spiritual life.
To be bothered by my noisy white girl neighbor, she is a music girl, with Beats on her head all the time I saw her. Except for making noise, she is nothing but a piece of junk. no value in her at all.

And I also have non- wet dream, I dreamed to go back my hometown sometimes finding it clean, and nice instead of the previous dirty and disgusting I saw when I was little.
And of course, MLK is a great man, I am a little little man comparing with him.without any ambition in my heart. all day all night thinking about enjoyment , pleasure  and how to know a prettier girl than the one I have at hand. How to afford a lambo, how to afford a big house. Etc. i am nothing but desire ,
no value in me . Shame to compare me with MLK

You do not know how horrible Chinese education was all the way through elementary to high school.
Especially high school, I thought i had a taste on the Satan Hell.  I even wanna go back and revenge.
A normal American Kid cannot tolerate the pain and bitterness of Chinese high school.

Everytime i saw those Chinese student just graduating from Chinese high school coming here for re-education, I feel sorrow for them. Because I know how horrible Chinese high school is. I even wanted to suicide jumping high from the teaching  building.
That kind of feel, you cannot forget during the rest of your life.
Like American soldiers coming back from WW2, some of them saw something too terrible,
they were traumatized,  need antidepressant pill for the rest of their life. You know this

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-5-21 18:33 , Processed in 0.035884 second(s), 13 queries .