2015's Women's World Cup Soccer

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2015-7-2 04:03:31 | 显示全部楼层
HIGHLIGHTS OF JAPAN Vs. ENGLAND GAME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzqy_viVJss

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-4 04:50:09 | 显示全部楼层
2015's WWCS has 2 more games, then it is all over.

JUL04.  Germany Vs England.

Germany's loss to USA was unexpected and disappointing, but USA played better than Germany in that game.  Since it was a knock-out game, USA advanced.  Germany could turn the table if there is a second chance.
Germany must now prove that the loss was a fluke.

England had never played well until the game against Japan.  The "own goal" was the result of Japan's offensive pressure.  Of course, England wants to prove that they deserve to be among the world's top 4 which i am not convinced.

I think Germany should win by 2+ goals.

JUL05.  Japan Vs. USA.

It should be an evenly matched game.

USA is an older team, and had not played well until meeting Germany, but would like to avenge their defeat to Japan 4 years ago.

Japan, younger and plays an organized team game.  The last 15' should see Japan grinding USA down if Japan could hold down USA for the first 65'.  Japan's weakness is that the average height of player is a full head shorter, and will have difficulty defending sustained aerial attacks.

USA might have a slight edge, but the game could go either way.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-4 17:38:34 | 显示全部楼层
The Germany Vs. England game has just ended.  Germany lost 0 -1.

Germany played badly, as if they were playing not to lose, while England played to win.  However, England's offensive line became more lively after the coach inserted 2 replacements, one by the name of Aluko, a black girl.

I wonder why the coach did not use her from the beginning.

It is a fair result, but not deserving as a game for 3rd place.  

let's hope that the final is a better game.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-4 19:04:17 | 显示全部楼层
HIGHLIGHTS OF GERMANY VS.  ENGLAND:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNMQcjFXJ0c

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-5 04:13:09 | 显示全部楼层
One for the memories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNMTCT1lyhs

Japan meets USA again for the World Cup title this afternoon.  The above video is the final of the same two team 4 years ago.

Japan fell behind, equalized it.  Fell back in OT, equalized again.  Won by penalty kicks.

That was an exciting game, let's hope that we have one equally as breath-taking this afternoon.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-5 20:06:57 | 显示全部楼层
USA beat Japan by a score of 5 - 2 to become world cup champion.

USA was not impressive during the Group play, was not convincing during round of 16, round of 8.  It was a different team in the match against Germany and I thought it was a fluke.

USA was head and shoulder above Japan (literally) in the final game.  4 goals within the first 15 minutes, one of which was Japanese goalie's error.  The game was all but over at that stage.

It was disappointing as I thought it would be a close game, but USA deserved to be the winner in 2015!

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-6 02:49:39 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-7 12:42:55 | 显示全部楼层
40 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLAYERS OF 2015's FIFA WWS:

http://www.unmotivating.com/40-m ... p;utm_campaign=fifa

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-9 12:51:15 | 显示全部楼层
20/20 OF 2015’s WWCS

USA

Without any doubt, USA improved the most, starting from the game against Germany.  USA was not impressive at all during the Group play, Round of 16 & Round of 8.  The Team turned around when it mattered, eliminating Germany after a hard fight; then brushing off Japan “easily” in the Final.

“Easily” is a little exaggeration, because Japan made 2 early defensive errors, each accounted for one goal.  If we review Highlights of the game, one goal involved 2 defensive players, while the other was the sole responsibility of the goal-keeper.  

If we were allowed to remove these two goals, it will be a draw & must go into overtime.

JAPAN
Star player, Sawa, should & will retire soon.  Nevertheless, it is still a team to watch in the next WWCS.

Japan’s game against Netherland was a classic example of team work.

ENGLAND
England matured AFTER round of 16.  The game against Japan was their best performance.

GERMANY
Germany’s first game in Group play was phenomenal.  However, after losing to USA in the Quarter Final game, Germany seemed to have lost the will to play & could only settle for fourth.

CHINA
This is a young team & wasn’t sure where should it fit in during the first game against host country Canada.  From then, it kept improving until meeting USA.

With more international exposure, China will be a contender in the next WWCS

FRANCE
France played consistently well throughout the tournament but was unlucky to lose to Germany.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-7-10 14:38:22 | 显示全部楼层
nowar22 发表于 2015-6-28 15:48
Dragondick brother, I rechecked the hand ball rules, it says you have to be deliberately touching  ...

I researched & found 2011's USA Vs Brazil game which was decided by penalty kicks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyE9jBZSM4Q

Watch how the referee ordered a re-take when the goalie moved not even 2 yds from the goal line.  The 2011 referees must have been cautioned by FIFA's committee after noticing the poor referee-ing of 1999's penalty kicks which victimized China!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

AZN747

GMT-5, 2024-6-1 00:31 , Processed in 0.034869 second(s), 11 queries .